mandag 7. februar 2011

...so it is only one week until we go to NYC

As most of you know, I am working as a teacher in Peace Building at Soltun Folk High School in Northern Norway. Part of the programme during the school year is a class trip to "The Big Apple", New York City. I have done this trip twice before with bigger yet small groups. This year we will be only 5 people, and it means that we will probably get on each other nerves a lot of times. However, it will also make the group come closer to each other, and even though I don't look forward to the screaming at night or struggling to get people to get on the stage, I think it will be a nice trip.

We have a lot of things planned already, and I would think that is getting more and more of a positive thing to be familiar with the city. We will not waste much time looking at maps, or figuring out how to get from one place to another. I guess it will not be that interesting for me to see sights like The Statue of Liberty and Empire State Building again, but the students will love it, and that's what is important. I guess I look more forward to spending an hour in the NBA store and Ludlow Guitars, or just wandering around in Lower East Side... Hope I get at least those two hours of free time:p

I will not get a new tattoo. I promise. I don't have a design, and no ideas about what more art to put on my huge body... Maybe in Germany in February or March instead.

As for the programme, Jennifer has already given me a draft that is very interesting, and we are even invited for thanksgiving dessert at her place in Queens. I can see that the students are excited, and we all look very much forward to everything, but we also know that we will miss some people during our short visit to the other side of the Atlantic. But don't worry, we won't forget you, and you may want to look forward to getting postcards from NYC:)


I will end this blog post by showing you two nice photos of my group from last year:)





Until my next blog post... big hug:)

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar