mandag 7. februar 2011

Sleep deprivations and the pain of driving for too long

It is not as bad as it sounds. I was able to sleep quite well last night at my sister's place. Anyway, this is something that tend to happen everytime I am going for long travels, so I won't blame it on the anti-malaria drug. I did barely sleep the last two nights before travelling down to Trondheim. I left Soltun at 8:30, much later than planned due to this sleep deprivation. I woke up at 2 o'clock on Wednesday, and couldn't sleep until around 5. So, you can surely say that experience of driving was painful. However, I made it, and I drove as safely as you could expect from a guy that once was given a ticket for speeding, and now is paranoid about photo boxes and driving like a "Sonntagsfahrer", as one of my German friends says...

I actually say the same photo box that took the beautiful picture of me almost two years ago. We're still not friends, but now I am driving way below the speed limit.

My check list for the coming trip is getting smaller every day. I bought my new Mosquito net, a new Malawi & Zambia Lonely Planet book, and a lot of other things I may need while travelling. Not much more that I need to fix now. I am almost ready to go. This makes room andd time for a lot of social activities, and today I met three friends. The schedule for the next days says that I am quite busy. The downside for you, my patient and loyal readers, is that I will not update the blog before Sunday or Monday, but please feel free to continue reading and comment on my articles and tell me what you want me to write about.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar