mandag 7. februar 2011

Lazy days in Cape Maclear...

The following article will be an update telling you what I did the last couple of days. That does however mean that this will be a very short update, and I may write some few words about what I am planning to do the coming week too.

So what have I done the last couple of days? First of all, I started by removing my beard on Wednesday. Why? Because I planned on getting a tan while in Cape Maclear. I can tell those of you that expect to see me with a nice tan when I return to Norway, that you will be disappointed. It has been a couple of nice days, but many more clouds than I expected. It is actually quite cold at the moment. Probably around 17-18 degrees. Anyway, I can tell you now that the only parts of my body getting a nice tan are my arms and face. I spent more time than I usually do on the beach at the Gecko Lodge, but it just does not help.

You already saw some pictures from the things I did on Wednesday, but I did not say anything about it. Well, I share a dorm with lots of nice people. I live with Lotte from the Netherlands, Ray, Yemi and Sophie from England, and Audrey and Olivier from France. I did also share the dorm with Gabriel from the USA. So, Gabriel and I went on this boat trip on Wednesday to Thumbi Island, the small island just lying there a couple of hundred meters from the lodge. Our guides were Wio and Stanley. To be honest, it was like looking into an aquarium with lots of nice fish and colours. We could also spot fish eagles. Afterwards we went to Lake Malawi National Park where we could see a large group of baboons.

On Thursday, I did not do anything interesting at all except eating Kampango for dinner. On Friday, we went to a neighbouring bar to eat pancakes for breakfast. All of us, except Gabriel who already left to go to the World Cup. I had banana pancakes, and they were really good.

The rest of the time here at Cape Maclear has been spent on watching the World Cup, sunbathing and watching the rest of my room have a championship in Bawo, which is a famous game in this part of Africa.

Tomorrow I head for Lilongwe and the Mufasa Lodge again. In Lilongwe I have to buy Bilharzia medicine and get a ticket for the bus going to Lusaka. I will leave for Lusaka on Tuesday morning. In Lusaka I will meet Ephraim, who I studied together with in Trondheim. Until then you can look at the photos from the pancake breakfast. Lots of love:)







Big Bear

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar