mandag 7. februar 2011

12 days left...

and I can tell you that I didn't notice any serious side effects of the anti-malaria drug yet. However, I could tell immediately that the medicine was much stronger than any other medication that I usually takes, but those who knows me know that I would get high if I take more than 2 paracetamol... I was feeling dizzy the whole Sunday and I got a small headache on Monday, so I decided that there will not be any major travelling on Sundays, and no alcohol. This goes for the next 14 weeks.

I am currently in Svolvær, and we have beautiful weather. It's a great place this time of year, but I know that it will be even better in August, so I know I will experience the best days of the summer back home. I booked my hostel for the days in Lilongwe already. I will stay at the Mufasa Backpacker Lodge, and it looks okay by the information I found online. They even offered to come and pick me up at the airport, something that eases the first day in Africa.

I don't know much about what I will do in Malawi yet, but I guess I will find out when I talk to people at the hostel. Thoko has not responded to my email yet, but I know that I will meet Ephraim in Zambia. That's cool. Good to have some contacts while travelling. I will also contact Stephen at Nuru in Nairobi during this weekend.

Yesterday, I tried to find out whether I can avoid the 36-48 hour bus trip from Lusaka to Dar Es Salaam, and rather fly to Nairobi, Kilimanjaro or Dar, but there is something wrong with Kenya Airways' website. Will try again later, but it won't be a disaster to spend two days in a bus...

I am sorry that I will not be able to update the blog every day, but I will do my best to keep you informed:)

Big Hug!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar