mandag 7. februar 2011

The problem of packing too early

I suffer from a disorder. Most of you should know it, but it's not something I talk about all the time. A lot of the time, but not all the time. Let me tell you more about it. Before I travel, I have to check at least 15 times that I turned off the oven, that I turned off the lights, that I unconnected all electric cables. During travels I am checking on my wallet and other valuables all the time. Let us say every 5 minutes or so. Well, I may be overestimating my problem a little bit now, but it was more than anything to get your attention. I am obsessed with having some sort of control over my own life, but I am not a control freak. At least I think I'm not. I am quite good at relaxing too. That should be proof enough, and I guess my former students could verify that I don't have control all the time.

Anyway, what happened this time was that I started to pack too early. Now it has been about a week since I packed, because I went to Lofoten last Tuesday. So what is the problem? Now I don't even remember what I packed, and with my disorder I have to have some sort of control. Thus meaning that I will unpack today, and check that I have all the important things that I need to bring to Africa. You should think that I guy that has been to 41 countries and travels every time he has the chance of doing so, knows what to bring. However, now you know that I have no control at all. I have a really small backpack that I can put 60 liters of clothes and other necessities in, but it is only half full. I probably told you before that the most important thing I learned from being mugged in Venezuela, is that you really don't even need half of the things you think at the start of the travel. So, the consequence of the mugging is that I now travel too light. Haha, what a paradox.

The only way to keep my head mentally stable before going to Trondheim on Wednesday, is to do the packing all over again...

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar