mandag 7. februar 2011

Last day in Malawi. Zambia next:)

The rest of the last day at Gecko?s was spent in the dark, due to a power cut in the whole of Cape Maclear. Lotte taught me and Karen, an American girl, how to play Bawo, and I had the last fantastic pizza of Gecko Lounge.

I have to tell you about yesterday?s travel from Cape Maclear to Lilongwe. The day started at 4:30 when my alarm bell woke me up. Ray and I had to take the same minibus going to Monkey Bay from where he was going south and I was going west. Of course the ride from Cape Maclear was bumpy, but not as painful as last time, despite the bus being completely full after the driver spent the first 30 minutes driving around Cape Maclear looking for passengers.

In Monkey Bay I said goodbye to Ray, and waited for some time for the bus that was going to take me to Salima. It ended up with me going with a matola. A matola is a pickup truck where you have to sit in the back. It was the first time since 2004 in San Diego that I travelled like that. The only difference being that this is legal in Malawi. Anyway, I was freezing cold the next two hours, and we stopped in a tiny town where I had to wait for a new minibus. In that town I met my travel companion ?Gentle Charles?, and I mean he was stalking me the next four or five hours. We took the minibus to Salima and a bus from Salima to Lilongwe. During this trip he managed to say that he wanted me and ?when I get a man?? I do actually think that he did not mean it like that but had to tell him that I had a girlfriend. Of course, most of you know that it is not true. I will now say sorry for using one of you potential readers as my cover. I had a picture of you on my camera, and kind of used you to stop him talking about me. I will however not tell who you are? I got rid of Charlie at the bus stop in Lilongwe, and was back at Mufasa Lodge at around 14 o?clock.

I had a fantastic burger meal at Don Brioni just to make sure that I had something in my stomach while taking the Lariam. Of course that ruined the rest of the day, as it usually does.

Today, I went all the way to ?Devil Street?, to buy myself a ticket to Zambia. Now, I just hope that I will get a visa at the border. Some books say that you do, and other says that you don?t. After going for that hike down in area 1 & 2 in old town, I went back to area 3 to buy bilharzia medicine. It was really cheap, and now I just have to wait for 6 weeks to take it. Please help me remember. Have to take 8 pills at the same time, and according to some people I met, this will feel really strange, so I hope to have a bed available in the beginning of August?

The last couple of hours I have been struggling to find internet, and waiting for the people from Gecko to arrive here in Lilongwe. Finally they arrived, so we are planning to make pancakes for lunch/dinner now.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar