mandag 7. februar 2011

Respect?

Lately, a lot of people have told me that they think travelling to Africa is bold, and that they have a lot of respect for me. Other people tell me that I have to be really careful and they are afraid that something may happen. Then I wonder, why does travelling to Africa sound so exotic to them? It's just a normal vacation, even though it may not be the most common choice of destination. I have contacts and friends who grew up in some of those countries, I have many friends who has been in these parts of Africa. I just want to explore the world, and if doing it means visiting some countries that people have not even heard about, they should study the map. That's just my opinion. I knew the capitals and most important cities of those countries when I was ten years old, and I always wanted to go to Malawi and Uganda for no obvious reason...

To those of you that didn't know this about me, and it can't be that many, I still find the Atlas the most interesting and best book ever written or drawn. I don't know how many of these type of books that I own, but I always have one available so that I can look in it, and dream about travelling to a new destination.

Now the African Adventure is approaching quickly, and I feel a little bit more stressed every day. Tomorrow will be a big day. My final Cholera drinking vaccine thing is going down my throat, and I have to take my anti-malaria drug for the second time. Like I told you before, I don't think many of the side effects of the mediaction applies to me, and that makes me happy. However, the few beer I had yesterday made this day a painful experience. I hope it was just because of the beer and not because of the anti-malaria drug.

I will probably go back home to Evenskjer tomorrow, and leave for Trondheim on Tuesday or Wednesday. I am hoping for some nice days in Trondheim with my sister and some good friends. I really have a lot to do. Can't just have fun. Needs to buy the mosquito net and a new guide book for Malawi and Zambia. The Lonely Planet Malawi book that I already have is terribly outdated as I bought it in 2001.

Finally, I want to challenge you!!! What do you want me to write about? It is probably not that many of you that actually read this blog, but if anyone does, please let me know what you find interesting to hear about. I hope I can give you exactly what you want. I also promise to put some more pictures here when I have reliable internet access at some of the places I am going.

Love from Big Bear <3

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar